Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It was a good day....and now goodnight!

Hubs is out of town this week. At a conference in Las Vegas. I hope they learn allot at this conference...between the black jack table and the golf course!

I got after the cleaning of the house today. I was a warrior. I mopped and scrubbed all the bathrooms. The two jobs I hate the most. I threw the bathmats in the wash, opened windows to let some fresh air in and then let loose with the can of Lysol. I was helping at blonde rascal's school yesterday and twice during that 30 minutes they called for a "clean-up" in the bathrooms. You know what that means...the vile stomach bug. That bug will run from my scrubbed, aired out, Lysoled house! Be gone bug!

This little pip squeak got a bath today...

I think she is still a little miffed about the whole thing. That may be why her eyes are glowing.

Tomorrow is my last quilt class. I had to finish my log cabin...

Man that picture is a little blurry. That is the only reason the block looks wonky crooked. It was my camera, nothing to do at all with my mad quilting skills! Before I even dream of taking on Log Cabin quilt I think I will have to reeeeeaaaaallllly fine tune my 1/4" seams and accurate cutting.


And I had to finish my applique block...

Lord have mercy my sewing machine rocks! It is so cool. This applique was so easy...all because of the machine, it almost thinks for you!

Now it is late, blonde rascal is fast asleep, my house smells clean and fresh, I have my favorite jammies on, the lamps have cast such a warm glow on the room. I love it. I love it getting dark earlier. I think I will enjoy some of this...

I know I am behind the rest of the world who read this within the first 3 hours it was on the shelf. Here is the thing, I read the first book last summer. Loved it. Then #7 was chosen for book club last month. There are lots of "Potter heads" in book club so they were waiting with bated breath for #7 to arrive. So since August I read #'s 2-6. I have to say I love that Harry kid. I was sad for him at the end of #5, the end of #6 was terribly sad. Now I am afraid I will need counseling at the end of #7!!!

Or I could flip through these 2 little gems I bought yesterday...

Whatever I do I need to do it quickly because my eyelids are getting heavy!!
Goodnight!

No comments: