Saturday, August 2, 2008

We're back

We are back from our week long visit at Grandma and Papa's house in Houston. We had lots-o-fun, but for the love of all things sacred...it was hot.

I am serious. Suffocating, terrible, sweaty, nasty, humid heat. My question to the 1.6 (or howmanyever) million fine people who live in Houston is why...just why and how do you stand it?

I spent the majority of my growing up years in Houston so I guess you just get used to it. I don't know how I stood it. I must have wiped that memory from my brain. Now that I live in West Texas and have me some dry heat it is just downright shocking to be in that humidity.

It was almost just traumatic. You could practically see the humidity. If you need to go to Houston heed my advice and plan your trip in February. Only February.

More later, I must go nighty~night now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! I love the picture!

I live Southeast Georgia...... and I'm pregnant..... in August.

I can relate to your heat issues, totally!

kristen lewis said...

Welcome home. I am with you 100% on the humidity thing. The only way that I survived San Marcos last week was staying in the water the whole time! I love Lubbock!