Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shrinky Dink Fun



If you are a child of the 70's, like moi, then I know you remember Shrinky Dinks. They were soooooo terribly cool.

I have no idea if you can still buy them but look what I found... you can make them!

Wooooohoooooo!

You start with one of these...We ate all of those cookies in one sitting so that we could use the container. Just kidding. Well sort of. They were g-o-o-d!

I traced a monster truck, what else for my boy, onto the plastic. Blonde rascal colored it.

Then you slap that baby into the oven and watch with glee as it curls all up.

Whaa-la you have a shrinky dinked monster truck!Blonde rascal was thoroughly entertained by this free, easy and fun craft. I won some major fabulous mom points that day!

6 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Genius. Simply brilliant. I can't wait to try it myself.

??? said...

wow!! You are good!! Major mom props for doing that awesome for doing that craft with your cutie!! My tummy is growling thinking of those cookies!! Yum!!!

Anonymous said...

Pure brain power there Mama! I'm going to post a link on my site....... fabulous idea!

And, and, and......... so "green"!

Jona Giammalva said...

Wow! Who'd have thunk it?! Thanks for sharing that. You are a genius!

Organized Chaos said...

Hi, Brooke! I've "blurked" your blog for quite sometime, and I thought it was time I finally left a comment.

You have such a gift at comedic writing! Oh, my goodness! You are so funny.

In the "six degrees of separation" sense, I'm only one degree away from you from several people. I used to work for Mark Hartsfield (for eleven years!), who is good friends with your husband. AND, I have a rascal too with the same first name born a couple months after yours. We used to go to IABC, and our family picture and your family picture was featured on the same "baby dedication" page of the church newsletter. AND, I'm friends with Kristen Lewis and I've heard lots of fun stories of your scrapbooking nights. (So, basically, it's crazy we never have met.)

Maybe someday we'll get to meet in person! Until then, I'll be enjoying your posts. You're seriously funny.

Unknown said...

I love it!! I loves me some shrinky dinks. Did you used to poke holes in yours to put some string in and wear as a necklace??? I did...