Thursday, December 20, 2007

What else....

Now that I have shared the most unflattering picture of myself in my previous post, there are no secrets to hide between us bloggy friends! However, I am way too busy right now to do anything worthy of being a secret, which I would in turn immediately share with you. So you'll have to wait until after New Year's, I'll have more free time then!

I have blonde rascal's Christmas party at school to attend at noon, so I will be brief.... let's see....

Here is how God greeted us yesterday morning...

This is the payoff of living in West Texas with no trees, you see some incredible sunrises, and sets too. It was the marking of a good day yesterday...ALL of my online ordered gifts arrived in the mail AND I got the email from Wal-Mart that Guitar Hero was in! Yeah! No worries now, we are wrapped and ready to roll around here!

I sat and worked on my scrapbooky gifts while watching "Miss Potter" on my trusty laptop. Good movie, chick flick for sure so don't torture the men in your life with it.


I got this little desk top calendar completed....


Then I made chocolate covered pretzels, with sprinkles of course, as treats for blonde rascal's class.

Whew...that was a mess. Hmmmm, the kitchen is still a mess this morning. Drats.

My pesky brother-in-law Mark emailed this morning and said that my wonderful sister-in-law Sherri will be on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" on Sunday January 13th. I believe I briefly somewhere in a past post mentioned that Sherri's brother is Christian recording artist, David Phelps. The recipient of this home makeover is a fan of David's music and that was part of the wish to hear him sing. If you are not familiar with David's music go pull him up on iTunes and take a listen. The man can hit notes that makes your spine tingle and bring a tear to your eye! However, my wonderful sister-in-law Sherri, who sings backup for David, has an even MORE incredibly beautiful voice! Not that I am playing favorites or anything! Sherri would probably slap me for saying this because she does not want attention, but she fought breast cancer this year and won! She is a trooper, a miracle, totally adorable and blessed with a God given stunning voice. So mark your calendars and I will remind you as it gets closer!

I will sign off now. It is time to party like it's 1999 with 22 2nd graders! Has anyone seen the Tylenol?

4 comments:

Mary said...

How awesome is that? Home Makeover? Is it actually Sherri's house that is being made over, or the guy she sings with? That's so neat, I'll mark it down.

Brooke said...

Hey MaryMary! I think I was confusing in my rambling, Sherri and her brother are performing Home Makeover! Fun, huh?

Brooke said...

opps...I mean "performing on Home Makeover"

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the desktop calendar you did. Aren't those pretzels fun to make? We are addicted to them. How did the party go?