Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Holiday Hangover

No not THAT kind of hangover but you know the holiday one...tired, full, bloated, worn out, weak from all of the overstimulation, dreading the mass exodus of the Christmas decorations. Ugh.

We had a wonderful Christmas, a nice quiet time with family. MIL spent the night Monday night and that was fun to have her with us for the Santa frenzy Christmas morning. That experience started at 6am but with enough coffee the adults made it through.

Santa brought a little ranch type vehicle to help move, load, carry any and all ranchy type things and make lots of ranchy type duties easier AND it is 4-wheel drive so there does not have to be any more of these predicaments...


Blonde rascal was over the moon with this new addition. He drove it from about 8:30am until about 7:30pm!




Santa brought hubs and I a digital video camera with a hard drive which means no pesky tapes or mini cd's to fumble around and keep up with. It is tiny and I love it! We knew we has been relatively good this year and were therefore confident that Santa would indeed bring us this camera, so we agreed that we just exchange simple & low key gifts with each other. I kept up my end of the bargain getting him the weird and random horse tack pieces parts that he circled in the catalog. He kept up his end of the bargain sticking to my list of some MAC lipglass, a book, a movie...blah, blah, blah and a dadgum new wedding ring!!!! That was NOT on my list!! It was the year of the Christmas bling! I was shocked, I screamed, I cried, I drooled, I yelled, I fainted, I convulsed!! He ended up NOT sticking to our agreement of low key gifts, but I forgive him for that!! Oh, and he is now forgiven indeed for this too....

Wading in cow poop becomes such a minor offense when gifted with diamonds!!!

My pesky brother-in-law Mark and his family will be arriving from TN. this afternoon and so we will all be gathering at MIL's house for another round of eating and gifting! Then blonde rascal and I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for Houston to be with my parents and sister. It is a 9.5 hour drive, Texas is a big state ya'll! And we will have Missy in the car with us, lots and lots of fun it will be tomorrow! Are you jealous? Can I get an amen for portable DVD players! We will stay a leisurely week. Hubs has to stay home and work to recover from the checkbook drain of the last month!!! Poor guy!

In between packing and getting ready for tomorrow I may take down and few decorations here and there today, just so when we return on the 2nd I won't be faced with that huge dread. I hope each of you in the blog world had a nice time celebrating with loved ones! I think I need to go make another pot of coffee as I bask in the Christmas afterglow...and all of the duties that now await me!!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I WANT TO SEE THE NEW WEDDING RING! YOU DIDN'T SHOW US!!

Anonymous said...

Now, I want to come and see the ring, ride on the new vehicle, and play with Missy too!! Have a great time Brooke and have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

That Doc is a very smart man!! I love the Mule. DO NOT let my boys see it!! Have fun in Houston, take your Mac and keep blogging. See you in 2008. God bless us all!
Jennifer A. aka Lori E.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Uh excuse us but where's the BLING???? Don't tease us then not show us. Hope your drive goes well and yes Texas is a HUG ass state for sure. One of the longest I've ever driven thru. LOL
Love the new vehicle by the way!!

kristen lewis said...

Wow! Hubs can shop!!! Seriously, you post pictures of your muddy feet but we don't get to see the ring! Not cool. . .

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kristen. You even showed us your teeth onnce......but no ring. What is up with that?