Monday, May 25, 2009

Remember


We have had a relaxing weekend at the "new" house. Well....if you call moving boxes and some furniture....horses and hay...relaxing!

This house has a flagpole. I have always wanted a flagpole!!! Just in time for Memorial Day I bought a flag to fly. Hubs, my little Eagle Scout, raised the flag for us.

Today I will remember those who have fought, are currently fighting....

...and those who will soon (sniff, sniff) fight for our free country.
The Marine flew to 29 Palms, CA yesterday for a months worth of desert training. His company is combat ready. They will deploy to Afghanistan in late summer or early fall.
I am so proud of him I could just burst.

Have a wonderful relaxing day!

2 comments:

Autum said...

Love the flag! Ooh Rah!! You've got yourself one handsome Marine! (And I know a thing or two about handsome Marines)

Lori E. said...

I love, love, love the flag pole and the flag. You fly it proudly!!