May 9, 2000 I gave birth to my first and only born...a healthy bouncing baby boy! My life has not been the same since. The change that happened in that moment when I saw my squirmy, gooey newborn was that I instantly knew fierce, undying, unconditional love.
This is as far back as my digital pics go...and I am too lazy to go scan some adorable newborn pictures so here we have birthday #2. Chubby cheeks and all. Squeeze him!
And now when I look at this big happy kid...
... I still see that little boy face with fat cheeks. I probably always will.
9 things about my 9 year old blonde rascal on his 9th b-day...
1. He l-o-v-e-s cars. Any and all. Real or pretend. He has since he was tiny. 100,000 hot wheels and he knows them all. I see him running his Daddy's car lot one day!
2. He is all boy.
3. He is funny, keeps us in stitches.
4. He loves to laugh. Oh how we laugh together.
5. He is indeed all boy, yet he has a tender heart.
6. He has a compassion and love for animals.
7. He doesn't take life too seriously (wonder where he got that from?)
8. He randomly busts out with some wicked dance moves.
9. He would eat candy all, I mean all, day long in his dream world.
Last night we took this rambunctious crew...
to do this...
They had a blast. After photographing the event, I joined in on the next race. I smoked 'em. Yep, I showed all those little punks how it is done.
Two of his besties spent the night. It was a long night...for hubs and I. After my head spun around somewhere about 2am I think they finally went to sleep.
As the last hoorah, right before their moms came to get them this morning, I sent them outside with silly string.I think that burned off the last ounce of energy they had...I hope!