Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time

The memories of that day are etched into my brain. It is hard to believe it has been 7 years. The shock and horror of seeing all of that on TV was surreal. God bless the families of the brave people who lost their lives on 9/11/01.

It hits home for me this year, especially, since our son is in the Marines now. God bless the soldiers who, despite their personal opinions of the war or politics, made an oath to protect our country and they are doing just that.

When our Marine flew home over Labor Day, he struck up a conversation with the man next to him on the plane. Before they landed the man asked the Marine if he could pray for him. He prayed for my Marine and for all the people serving our country.

Wherever you are sir, thank you. Thank you for showing you care.

Give a soldier some love today! (Or EMS, fire, police...they need love too!) I make a point now to pat any service member I see on the back and tell them I am proud of them or thank them for serving. I should have been doing this all my life, but it is blatantly more obvious to me now the sacrifice they are making , since we have a soldier in the family.

P.S. Happy Birthday Mary, you old gal!
P.S.S The big haircut is today!
P.S.S.S. That is all. Bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been on my mind today....... what a brave kid you've got.

I think of him and what he's doing all the time. I really do.

Mary said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Seems like only a few weeks ago I hit the "big 30". Can't believe a year has passed already. Can't wait to see the haircut...thinking about doing that myself.

Anonymous said...

I heard about the cut...can't wait to see it. Sounds a little wild. Amy said you looked "HOT!"