Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wish me luck!

Blonde rascal and I leave for church camp in the morning. Yes, I am going as a counselor. Which is really a code name for overprotective mother who was looking for an excuse to go because she couldn't stand to send her 8 year old to camp in New Mexico by himself!! But whatever the reason behind it, I am now questioning my sanity! A cabin full of grade school girls....I foresee large doses of Tylenol for me and Benadryl at about 7:30pm for them every night!!

Church camp is one of my fondest childhood and early teen memories, so I will do whatever it takes for blonde rascal to go... EVEN if it means my silly mother hen self going too! Hopefully by the time he is 17 I will be ok with him going by himself. We will have a blast no doubt, I will just probably not get the amount of sleep I prefer.


This week was busy. B.R. had swim lessons, I had block of the month and all the prepping for camp and for the Father's Day celebration today. We did manage to fit in a few trips to the pool and going to see Kung Fu Panda. After camp, all the big events for the summer are done! It is all lazy summer days from then on! Yipee!


I hope everyone had a great Father's Day. I am thankful for my dear Dad, who is as good as they get AND for dear hubs who is a fantastic father to our boys.

So I will be back Friday...assuming I live through a week of giggling girls!

3 comments:

Autum said...

I hope you have a wonderful, giggly, silly time!!!

Mary said...

Good luck!! he,he,he

Shabbee Chick said...

Take your bug spray!!! And your ear plugs!