Thursday, August 30, 2007

Time warp.

Monday was the first day of school. Here is my blonde rascal, he is in 2nd grade.





















He is the best thing I have ever done. Well, I can't take ALL the credit because I guess my husband was involved too. Actually it was God who gave us this gift and we were just willing participants! He is a delight and makes my heart squeeze. However, 2nd grade??? I want to know who is responsible for this time warp. This was just yesterday...




















Just yesterday I was kissing those chubby cheeks. And let me tell you folks those kisses were free for the taking, all day
long, accompanied by giggles galore and slobbery kisses in return. Now with this 2nd grader, who has appeared overnight, I have to wrestle, struggle and chase just to sneak one little kiss on his not so chubby anymore cheeks. (unless he is hurt or sleepy and then the kisses are more readily accepted) The giggles are now replaced with a sigh and a "Mo - ommmmm!" Nonetheless, I will keep the little guy and hug him tight EVERY chance I get. The next picture, I suppose, will be of him on his wedding day and I will wonder where the last 25 years went.


P.S. That kitty in the picture, cute huh? That is Jingles. Here is Jingles now...















He has grown a little too. Please don't call the SPCA friends...that is just a, a.... ahem, a "love strangle" that the blonde rascal is giving sweet Jingles. If you think Jingles is fun just wait until I post more animal pictures from down here on the ranch. Somehow in this time warp we have aquired more "pets". Stay tuned....

1 comment:

kristen lewis said...

Stop it. I am already teary at how quickly my last two years have flown by and now I am thinking that I am going to blink and Carter will be strangling cats and headed to 2nd grade! Seriously, Zach is super cute and definitely worth wrestling to kiss!