Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The best day of my life

Wedding Day? ....meaningful and wonderful, for sure.




Birth of child? ....undeniably a gift from God.




I'll even be materialistic for a moment and say... Christmas 2 years ago when hubs completely knocked my socks off with a beautiful diamond ring? (Bling always makes for a good day no doubt)


I have to be honest, nothing compares to today.



I walked into our house this afternoon.......



....after the cleaning lady had been here all day.


Sweet merciful heavens.

I am sitting here all slack jawed basking in the glory of the cleanness. I mean it is ridiculously clean and I am not the least bit tired! Usually when it is this clean I am laying on the floor crying like an unruly toddler because I am so exhausted from the torture.

Base boards....spotless. Light fixtures....no dust. Bath mats...still warm out of the dryer. (Honestly, there is something remarkably wonderful about fresh bath mats)

In all my 39 years I have never hired someone to clean. Thank goodness we started our own business and I was forced kicking & screaming to be the bookkeeper thus not having time to clean the house.

The even better glorious news is that the cleaning lady is coming every other Thursday. Sigh.

I am signing off now...I must go gawk at the spotless glass shower door.

6 comments:

Gay said...

I am VERY proud of you. GG

Vintage Chicken said...

I'm so jealous!

I think I'm going to consider this option...I'm really sick of spending my 'off time' cleaning house!

Keep us posted on how great it is to come home to a clean house...!!

Mary said...

Once I'm finished with school and working my tail off I'm going to have someone come clean. Can't wait. Way to go!

Martha said...

I'm sooooo jealous!!

Regina said...

Ditto Martha on the jealousy thing!! I would even take that as a Valentines present and love every minute of it! Keep posting the experience because i'll just have to live vicariously through you! Love love love!!!! Sure miss ya!

Lori E. said...

You know I am jeolous!! Catching up on blogs today. Love your new dog and love that BR was out jumping on the pool. He is all boy and all fun!! You know cujo is mostly Australian sheppard right?