Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A big week for birthdays!

Today is my adorable twin niece's first birthday! Woo hoo! Happy Birthday Hadley and Isabelle!!!Big sugar lumps of sweetness, those two are!!


Tomorrow is my wonderful Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!! The following is a picture of my me and Mom circa early 1971. How precious is that?

Truly visible depiction of the love of a mother. I have a picture of myself and blonde rascal in a very similar pose, when he is exactly the same age, circa 2000. That was in the stone age before digital, or at least before we had a digital camera. I was going to scan it and show it here....but said picture is in a frame and it is stuck! I will shred the picture if I try to remove it. Hmmmph. Anyway just trust me it is cute. And would have been super dooper cute to compare with the one of me and Mom. Hmmmph.


Finally today, in addition to my nieces, is another noteworthy family member's birthday...

Yep, it is true. Missy the wonder weenie dog turned 4 today.

Yes it is also true, we made a big deal and bought her gifts. Won't you please notice my dusty floor in the picture above?

She waddled around this morning trying to decide if she should tear up her new "baby" or chew on her new bone. She had no idea what she did to deserve the sudden bestowal of gifts. She is a brat, but we are ridiculously in love with her anyway.

There you have it, 2 days and 4 amazing women celebrating birthdays! Admittedly I use the terms "amazing" and "women" loosely when describing one of the birthday girls today...but would hate for her to feel left out. Brat.

1 comment:

Lori E. said...

Those baby girls are precious!!!! I want to hold them. And...to me they look like your baby picture and B.R.'s baby pictures, because you all have that cute little nose. Love the picture of your mom and your spoiled puppy does not look a day over 2.