Sunday, January 31, 2010

A recipe you need to know

This recipe was in our electric co-op magazine thing that comes monthly. They post member's recipes. The only reason I look through the thing is for the dang recipes. Only folks that live in the country use an electric co-op....and we all know good ol' country folk make some wicked good chow.

Well, I should clarify. This recipe is not wicked good. It is wicked easy....and good, but not wicked good. Many times easy surpasses wicked good in my book. Ya know what I'm saying?

So here it is...

Peach Cobbler in a mug:

1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon instant nonfat dry milk
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
dash salt
1 snack sized container of diced peaches, drained.

Microwave butter in a mug until melted. Add sugar, flour, dry milk, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and 2 tablespoons water to cup. Stir, then add peaches on top of batter. Do not stir. Cook for 2 minutes in microwave at 70% power. Let stand in microwave for one minute. Remove and let stand until cool enough to eat.

FYI it is cool enough to eat immediately....assuming you plop a big scoop of vanilla on top. Right?

I made mine w/o the dry milk....because who has dry milk in the pantry? Not me. It was fine w/o it.

Easy and good. It's a keeper!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Well, I most certainly do not live in the country and I have a co-op. And I like it better than the city company. And that does sound good!

Gina said...

First time visiting your blog! Love it!